Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Personal Essay of an Applicant to Central Film School....


Please attach on a separate page your personal statement. This should include an account of why you think you are suitable for the course and how it might support your future plans."

Growing up in a family that was associated with the movie making business in India, I have been exposed to different aspects of the film industry. Since I could perceive even the smallest area of film making in an elaborate manner I could easily pin down the area where I wanted to excel – it was scripting and directing movies. Seeing my vision translate to a movie on screen will be an experience that will prove to be immensely gratifying to a creative person like me. Making movies is a genuine interest and not an outcome of my family being in the same business.
I am deeply inspired by legends of Indian Cinema like Mr. Shyam Benegal and aspire to be an internationally acclaimed director. I would like to use this medium to make a change in the world. My movies will strive to make a difference in the world as I believe that films are a medium that easily penetrates the human mind, which often tends to offer resistance to social issues. Issues like poverty, child abuse, drug abuse and many other issues can be dealt and addressed as something creative like a movie can tend to affect both the perpetrator as well as the victim. I would like to join the contemporary filmmakers who do not consider box-office success to be of paramount importance.
I am determined to undertake the toil and turmoil that goes into making a movie. My experiences and deep involvement in the pre-production and post-production of movies like XYZ and PQR has helped me to envision my future working atmosphere and I am prepared to undertake the challenge. I consider myself to be in a different league than most of your other applicants because I have the added advantage of growing up in the middle of the film industry. I have learnt to take criticism as well as appreciation in the same vein.  
Overall, my tryst with the field of Film making has been very beneficial and I was allured by the limitless challenges and problems it posed. I believe a Masters degree from your university will help me make my own identity as a unique Filmmaker in my country. I also believe that the amount of exposure your University provides would help me broaden my vision. Keeping in mind all the benefits I would reap from your esteemed university, I will definitely be an asset and employ my strengths to serve the institution ingenuously and I will strive to channel my ideas into more useful and pragmatic avenues. The course offered at your school suits my interest perfectly and I wish to be a contributing addition to the department of Film making at  Central Film School.


1 comment:

  1. Strategies on how to write a medical school personal statement that will make you stand out from the crowded field of applicants and get you admitted to medical school. See more internal medicine personal statement

    ReplyDelete