Friday, February 8, 2013

Under Graduate - Michigan Essay 1



1.Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum). 

839 characters

My internship at Car Clinic, a local car workshop, in June 2012 helped me test myself, know my strengths, and work on my weaknesses. I came across several tasks that were new to me. I had to struggle to learn the ropes of the trade but once I did it, I excelled in most of the tasks. I was a hot favourite assistant to most of the senior mechanics and that really boosted my morale. The manager was deeply impressed with me as I was a fast learner and never shied away from clearing my doubts and I was awarded a very encouraging internship certificate at the end of my work tenure.
I was solely in charge of changing oil in every car that came to the clinic. Having earned the tag of a fast learner, I got a few more tasks like changing burned-out bulbs, changing wiper blades and checking the tire pressure. This interning experience helped me gain deep insight into the world of cars and the mechanisms that make it work. It added confidence in me about my choice to be a mechanical engineer and work in the automobile industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment