Friday, February 8, 2013

Under Graduate - Michigan Essay 4



4. Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests? (500 words maximum)

409 words
Before applying to Michigan University, I felt I should try and understand the university and its course curriculum as best as I could. Not only did I go through the website but I visited various forums that were talking about education in Michigan, more so in USA in general. What I came to understand is that I am completely in synch with the way Michigan handles its education, its extra-curricular activities, and manages its diversified student body.

Education at Michigan will develop my learning abilities, and learning as much as I could from a world-class faculty, will help me prove my abilities amongst my contemporaries. I also see myself getting ample opportunities to apply knowledge and new techniques and function on multi-disciplinary teams. I am looking forward to devoting myself to a long career in Mechanical Engineering and make the most out of the vast knowledge I will gain at your university.

As I browsed through the course curriculum at Michigan, I was deeply impressed with the subjects on offer. The Design and Manufacturing Course, Automotive Engineering Course and Multidisciplinary Design are some of the subjects that helped me decide to pursue my undergraduate study in Michigan. Also the different topics like Vehicle Ride Performance and Steering System Performance, Design Projects, and the ample practical opportunities that I would be getting at Michigan has helped me to finalise my choice of university.  What I have understood from other students who have completed their Bachelors at Michigan is that, it is one of the best universities in the world to offer world-class interning opportunities to its under-graduates.

As I see it today, all the above courses will guide me towards my interest which is to be working in the automotive industry in the design field. The Technical Elective course of Design and Manufacturing will really help deepen my knowledge in the area of my interest. Also, the Multidisciplinary Design minor would help me get a better understanding of classroom theories in a practical manner. So, it will develop my knowledge of automotives and mechanics holistically.

The course will be demanding but I am prepared to fulfil the rigorous demands of this course. I am even contemplating the dual degree option which is a good opportunity for students like me. I would take a call on this once I am in the university and understand that I will be in a position to satisfy the subject requirements of both the programs.

1 comment:

  1. The medical school statement of purpose will be best chance to understand the handles its education, its extra-curricular activities, and manages its diversified student body.

    ReplyDelete